Wednesday, November 25, 2020

/kəmˈpaʃ(ə)n/

Compassion. Towards ourselves. 

I find it much easier to be compassionate towards other people than towards myself. I used to always think that being self-compassionate makes me self-centered, drowned in my own world, selfish, defensive, weak, unmotivated and become complacent with my situation. I tend to practice self-criticism more because it just feels right and I shouldn't always self-pity. 

As I grew older, I learnt that there is also wisdom in self-compassion. Each year, especially in November, I promise to love myself more. I want a better relationship with myself. And this year, I still want the same thing. Also, I want to age beautifully!

Let's learn more on what self-compassion really is, and let's discover more ways to love ourselves, shall we? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment